The first week here at our new office has been interesting to say at the least…
· We’ve fought off the first snow of the year and some how battled through the UK’s inevitable transport shut down following Wednesday’s light snow flurry across the home counties
· We’ve battled the Car park chaos and conducted some dodgy roadside parking, taking full advantage of Nicola’s 4x4.
· Jake and I have fought to the death for the prime window seat true gladiator style and I of course have been victorious and sentenced him to death (next to the bin and the door)
· Nicola has moved the office round 15 times and resorted to using a stiletto high heel as a hammer,
· We’ve got new headsets that look like were about to land a Boeing 747 at Heathrow airport but improve our video chats tremendously and most importantly drown out the deafening racket that is my telephone voice (It was that or a muzzle).
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg…
But the big news this week is that we have signed up for revolutionary video technology that is going to give our clients the best insight of a candidate before they’ve even met them. From the end of March we will be able to offer our clients full descriptions, psychometric tests and video interviews where you can see and hear the candidates answers in their own voice and see their passion come through with their body language, expressions and verbalisation.
Alongside this software we’ve installed cameras to conduct our videos interviews and make the candidate feel like they’re sat in front of us, however the cameras are a bit to good for our liking and made us realises a few things; I’m starting to go grey at the grand old age of 23 and Nicola is currently researching “ fast acting wrinkle cream”.
To our surprise we have received the loveliest Cards and gifts from our amazing clients and can’t thank everyone who sent something enough, it really means a lot.
To top it off we as Broomham Recruitment have had the most successful week to date and our targets have sored through the office roof
Phew, I’m exhausted just writing this, what a week.
We make it half past Gin O’clock.